model proposal Girlfriend

    They say when you're in love, it's the small things that matter the most.

    But for one couple, the sentiment is literally true.

    Sarah Dawson proposed to partner James Moss at Babbacombe Model Village in Devon using miniature figures fashioned after the pair.

    Mini-me: Sarah and James survey their alter-egos at Babbacombe Model Village in Devon

    The 43-year-old had the dolls made of herself and James, 44, wearing matching wedding outfits.

    The models were then seated in a horse and carriage and positioned outside the tiny church at the attraction.

    The fairytale scene was completed with a fine sprinkling of 'snow'.

    Sarah took her businessman husband-to-be to visit the village where she got down on one knee before the mini wedding party and asked James to marry her.


    Lookalike: Surprised James did a double take when he saw the likenesses of the pair at the model village

    The couple, from Guildford, Surrey, plan to wed next year.

    Sarah said: 'I thought it would be really romantic and unique to propose at the model village. I rang them and told them what I wanted to do and they made the models for me.

    'It was really fantastic. We wandered past the figures outside the church and James said "wow - don't they look like us?".

    'I said "that's because they are". Then I gave him the ring and asked him to marry me. He was stunned, but said yes.'

    Sarah, an alternative therapist, proposed on Sunday while her and James were enjoying a weekend break at nearby Dartmouth.


    Fairytale: Sarah got down on one knee, produced a ring and asked James to marry her in front of the scene

    James added: 'I'm overwhelmed, I just can't believe it. I wasn't expecting this at all.

    'The models are absolutely fantastic. I don't know how they have captured so many of our features on such small figures.'

    Model village manager Simon Wills said Sarah got in contact after hearing about their 'shrink your friends' package - in which they create a model of the customer.

    He said: 'Sarah phoned us and said she was looking for a unique way to propose. She had an idea of what she wanted to do and we were delighted to make it happen.

    'It was a great idea. It must have been quite a surprise and luckily he said yes.'

    Sarah and James have five children between them from previous marriages and he has already asked her to marry him several times.

    She added: 'I've been with James for two wonderful years. He's asked me to marry him every day for that time and I've said no every time.

    'He knows I'm scared of commitment but he has been so good to me and I wanted to show him how much I love him.'

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews