Edward Scissorhand hairdressing style

    Inspired by Edward Scissorhands, these 'Clawz' are revolutionising the hairdressing industry.

    Valentino LoSauro, who has sold 30,000 of the fingertip scissors, spent two years developing the device.

    He claims the Clawz, made from responsive elastic and razor-sharp stainless steel, can cut hair twice as fast as normal shears.

    Razor sharp: Valentino LoSauro spent two years developing the Clawz

    Mr LoSauro, from Fort Myers, Florida, said: ‘The idea came to me in the late Nineties.

    ‘I am a pianist as well as a hairdresser and wanted to combine that light-fingered touch with my styling.

    So the Clawz were born as a simple idea to bring a musicality to hairstyling.

    ‘When I cut the hair I use methods I call “Flight Of The Bumblebee” and “Zap”.’

    Cutting-edge: LoSauro uses the Clawz, which he says cut hair twice as fast as normal shears, on Shannan Stewart at his salon in Florida

    Mr LoSauro said he had to relearn his haircutting technique to use the Clawz, which require the user to bend their fingers to contract the razor.

    ‘It took me a couple of years from the launch of the prototype in around 2001 to become really proficient with them,’ he said.

    ‘Now though I can motor through hair cuts and they are much quicker than usual scissors.

    ‘I can't believe the time it took beforehand.’

    Quality: Hairdresser LoSauro has sold 30,000 Clawz at £60 each

    Mr LoSauro, who has 35 years’ experience in the industry, has sold 30,000 Clawz since 2001 at £60 each.

    He has also used Clawz on some famous people at his Planet Hair salon in Florida.

    ‘Ritchie Sambora of Bon Jovi has let me cut his hair with the Clawz,’ Mr LoSauro said.

    'Most customers are a bit apprehensive at first when they see my smiling face with my razor-sharp fingers.

    ‘But come the end of the hair cut they are stunned by the quality.’

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews